ECO-UNESCO’s ECO-Sustainability Award – Becoming a sustainable organisation
The ECO-Sustainability Award is an awards scheme run by ECO-UNESCO that rewards, recognises and encourages organisations working towards sustainability. This short course provides a practical approach on how organisations can become more sustainable and introduces groups to the ECO-Sustainability Award Programme.
By the end of the training participants will:
- Understand what the ECO-Sustainability Award is about and how the ECO-Sustainability Award steps can be applied to their organisation.
- Understand the terms sustainable development and Education for Sustainable Development (ESD)
- Understand the key principles of sustainable development
- Understand a whole organisation approach to sustainability
- Apply a diagnostic tool to assess how sustainable your organisation is
- Understand how to facilitate your organisation’s progress towards becoming a sustainable youth/community organisation
- Training participants are encouraged to register their respective organisations for ECO-UNESCO’s ECO Awards programme
Staff, volunteers and young leaders of youth and community organisations wishing to introduce the principles of sustainable development and education for sustainable development into their organisations.
ECO-UNESCO @ The Greenhouse, 17 St Andrew Street, Dublin 2
Dates: 19 September 2013
On Demand (special group fee): ECO-UNESCO also runs this course to groups on request; if you are interested please contact us.
€45 ECO-UNESCO Members, students, unwaged, young people under 25;
€50 Voluntary and Community Sector;
(Fee subsidised by Irish Aid)
How do I book?
Enrol now! Download Booking form here.
Expression of Interest
For further information please fill in the form here.
Return to: Training Courses »