ECO-UNESCO's Peer Education for Sustainable Development (leading to a FETAC L5 minor award in Peer Education)
The course explores peer education principles and practice with a thematic focus on sustainable development. Participants will learn about peer education theory and approach in a thought provoking manner utilising class room, experiential and inquiry based learning techniques. Participants will explore local and global themes including sustainable consumption, climate justice, resource extraction, poverty reduction, promoting cultural diversity, trade justice and the United Nations Millennium Development Goals. Participants will be equipped with knowledge, skills & competencies to effectively implement ECO-UNESCO’s established Youth for Sustainable Development Peer Education Programme in their own youth groups or communities. The course is designed to respond to unsustainable youth and community development patterns and to the needs of the green economy whilst promoting local and global active citizenship.
By the end of the training participants will:
- acquire a general knowledge of peer education for sustainable development in theory and practice
- develop the knowledge, skills and confidence in planning and facilitating a Youth for Sustainable Development peer education programme
- acquire competence in peer education in community and youth work for sustainable development
- gain experience and skills in researching and presenting information in relation to peer education themes and sustainable development
- develop communication, programme planning and facilitation skills
Anyone interested in peer education and active citizenship on sustainable development issues including youth leaders, community workers, teachers and young people.
ECO-UNESCO @ The Greenhouse, 17 St Andrew Street, Dublin 2
How long and when?
This course consists of 25 contact hours over 2 weekends:
Time: Fridays 14:00 – 19:30 / Saturdays 10:00 – 19:00
Dates 2013: 18-19 October || 22-23 November
€200 - ECO-UNESCO Members, students, unwaged, young people under 25
€220 - Voluntary and Community Sector
€240 - Statutory
How do I book?
Enrol now! Download Booking form here